THAT’S A WRAP! THANK YOU!
The 15th Warsaw Jewish Film Festival took place from November 24th to November 30th, 2017 at the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews and JCC Warsaw.The POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews was the main partner of the festival for the 5th time. The event was held under the honorary patronage of the Mayor of Warsaw Hanna Gronkiewicz-Waltz, the Marshal of the Mazowieckie Voivodeship Adam Struzik and the Polish Society of the Righteous Among the Nations. The festival’s program included over 40 films from Israel, Poland, Hungary, the Netherlands, the United States, Canada, Russia, Argentina, Belgium, France, Great Britain, Australia and Germany. This year’s festival was dedicated to Jerzy Hoffman, who will be awarded the Honorary Camera of David in appreciation for his contribution to Polish cinema and his unique sensitivity to Jewish subjects.
The Camera of David Award of the 15th Warsaw Jewish Festival are:
- GRAND PRIX – Camera of David for the Best Film of the Festival: SCAFFOLDING (dir. Matan Yair)
- SPECIAL AWARD – CAMERA OF DAVID for the outstanding, socially conscious documentary: Levinsky Park (dir. Beth Kruvant)
- Long feature film: Menashe (dir. Joshua Weinstein)
- Long documentary: Ben-Gurion, Epilogue (dir. Yariv Mozer)
- Short feature film: The Gravedigger's Daughter (dir. Shira Gabay)
- Short documentary: Drop of Blood (dir. Tomasz Wiśniewski)
- Audience Award: 1945 (dir. Ferenc Török)
We would like to express our gratitude to our partners, sponsors, media partners, moviegoers, and volunteers!
Special thanks to our main partner: the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews. We would like to thank all participants of the 15th Warsaw Jewish Film Festival, above all the numerous moviegoers who chose to take part in our screenings. We are grateful to all directors, actors, producers and screenwriters whose films were presented during our festival, as well as those who graced us with their presence and participated in the screenings and Q&A sessions. We would also like to thank all the volunteers who helped us organize the 15th Warsaw Jewish Film Festival!
Photogallery: click here
See you next year!Feel free to like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/WarsawJewishFilmFestival where we will be informing about all future screenings of our festival films, other special events and our plans for the 16th WJFF.
Subscibe to receive newest information about WJFF projects