The 18th Warsaw Jewish Film Festival will take place on November 16-22, 2020.
The Main Festival Partner is POLIN MUSEUM OF THE HISTORY OF POLISH JEWS. The festival is co-financed by City of Warsaw.
WJFF.pl is the first ever and the largest Jewish Film Festival in Poland and eastern Europe. Established in 2003 has 18 years of experience acquiring some of the finest international, thematically Jewish, films. Movies which are dedicated to exploring Jewish culture, history and contemporary life of Jewish communities from around the globe. Since the first edition in 2003, we showed our audience more than 650 movies from 30 countries.
Our mission is to preserve the Jewish heritage in Poland, cultivate the memory of the Holocaust, promote Jewish culture, and to present the diversity of Jewish communities worldwide. Our goal is to give Jewish and non-Jewish movie-goers the opportunity to get acquainted with different perspectives of Jewish issue reflected on the screen. Further, our goal is to offer compelling and memorable movies to as large an audience possible. We encourage our audience to a discussion about Jewish identity and to strive against stereotypes and anti-Semitism, in order to stimulate more tolerant attitudes and a greater respect for the human rights of all people and nations.
The festival has an international competition with the Camera of David Awards
The Warsaw Jewish Film Festival (WJFF.pl) loves to promote filmmakers working with Jewish themes. Our festival has an international competition with the CAMERA of DAVID Awards. Our team selected and awarded dozens of movies which later won OSCARS & awards at the biggest world-famous festivals. Each year we present CAMERA of DAVID AWARDS in the following categories:
- GRAND PRIX - The Best Film of the Festival
- Best Narrative Feature
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best Narrative Short
- Best Documentary Short
- Best Actress
- Best Actor
- Best Director
- Best Screenplay
- Best Cinematographer
- Best Music & Sound
- Audience Award
SUBMIT YOUR MOVIE TO the COMPETITION 2020 NOW!
Our Festival is a member of the Association of European Jewish Film Festivals.
Be part of our festival! Become our sponsor, partner or volunteer!
SUPPORT US KNOW!
By making a donation you contribute to the statutory activities of our Foundation (the main organiser of the annual Warsaw Jewish Film Festival WJFF.pl), that include not only Jewish Film Festival, but also educational and cultural programs which we organise all year round (post-festival educational screenings all over Poland, as well as unique workshops for young filmmakers JFW in cooperation with the Jerusalem Film Festival).
Giving a donation to our Foundation is very easy: under the button below you will find our donation box, where you could send donation using very secure electronic payment system PayPal.
- Organiser: The Camera of David Foundation WJFF.pl
- Festival Founder: Daniel Strehlau
- Festival Executive Director: Magda Makarczuk
- PR, Media & Marketing Manager: Ignacy Strączek
- Film department: Kamil Puczko, Lihi Nagler, Daniel Strehlau
- Head of the film selection committee, Israeli films curator: Lihi Nagler
- Translations: Magda Krajewska, Kamil Puczko, Maria Zawadzka
- Graphic designers: Mariusz Filipowicz, Karolina Michałowska-Filipowicz
- Films department: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PR, Media & Marketing department: email@example.com
- Volunteers department: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact with the festival headquarters: email@example.com